Factsheet Developer: Founding date: Website: Press / Business Contact: Address: Phone:
Based in Derbyshire, United Kingdom
July 18, 2011
19 Hadfield Road
+00 (44) 7855 377 873
Press / Business Contact:
Greenfly Studios is a British micro- games studio based in Derbyshire, set up by Stephen Morris and Katie Young in 2011. The extended team features talent from Sega, Disney, Nestle, Aardman Digital and more. We make mobile, desktop and whiteboard games that are innovative and entertaining for all ages.
Katie Young and Stephen Morris first started working together in 2005, with both graduating from Staffordshire University with first class degrees. Focusing on educational titles, the intrepid pair were contracted to work on the forefront of learning technology utilising Promethean devices.
Greenfly’s First Game
After working on educational titles for seven years, the desire to create independently owned games burned brightly and Greenfly Studios was founded in July, 2011. Ski Solitaire was released shortly afterwards and, although a quiet launch, fortunes changed in April 2012 when Ski Solitaire was made Apple’s ‘New & Noteworthy’ and ‘What’s Hot’ for Cards and Eurogamer’s App of the Day.
Greenfly Studios is currently working on their iOS game ‘Drop That Candy’, due for release on the Apple AppStore September 26th. It has already been shortlisted for the Develop Indie Showcase 2013 and they are expecting to port the game to Mac and Windows 8 supported devices. They are also working on PSMove games QuickDraw & GlowTag – both have been included for the E3 IndieCade Showcase.
Drop That Candy – Apple iPhone and iPad
Ski Solitaire iPad
QuickDraw – PSMove Game
We have far more images available for Greenfly Studios but if you have any specific requests, please let us know!
Logo / Icon
Awards & Recognitions
- Develop Indie Showcase 2013
Drop That Candy
- Top 5 E3, E3 IndieCade Showcase 2013, Rezzed 2013, UKIE Houses of Parliament
- “Apple ‘What’s Hot’ & ‘New & Noteworthy’, EuroGamer App of the Day”
Ski Solitaire iPad
- Official Co-host for GameDevNorth
- Penny Arcade Report: Behind the scenes with QuickDraw
– Ben Kuchera, Penny Arcade
- QuickDraw: Duel with other players, no TV necessary
– Jeffrey Matulef, EuroGamer
- Best of British: Mobile and Board Game Convergence
– Stephen Morris, PocketGamer.biz
- “App of the Day: Ski Solitaire”
– Chris Schilling, EuroGamer
- “Ski Solitaire has come along at the perfect time to reinvigorate the solitaire loving part of my mind.”
– Jennifer Allen, 148 Apps
- “[Ski Solitaire is] cute and inventive and cartoonishly pretty.”
– Chris Donlan, HookShot Inc.
- “Best of British: Summer Sports – the cream of the current crop of British Indies”
– Harry Slater, PocketGamer
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Technical Director, Programmer
Creative Director, Producer